The iCare website and Platform are developed by the Centre for Research and Technology – Hellas (CERTH) in their role of a technical partner in the iCare Project.
The data controller of the iCare website and Platform is the iCare Consortium (“Improving the Situation of Children in International Child Abduction cases through Judicial CoopeRation and Family Mediation”). The Partners of the iCare Consortium are acting as joint data controllers since they are determining the purposes and the means of processing.
How do we collect information and what kind of information do we collect?
- We collect your first name, surname and e-mail address when you subscribe to our Newsletter.
- We may also collect your personal data (email address, username, first name, surname and password) if you register on the website. We will use this data in order to give you access to the iCare Platform.
In both cases, you must provide your explicit and informed consent which is the legal basis on which we process your personal data, in accordance with EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR).
Your consent is voluntary but necessary to receive the Newsletter or to register on the iCare website.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or through the use of another specific method provided by us.
How do we use your data?
- If you subscribed to the Newsletter: to regularly send you the iCare Newsletter until you unsubscribe. You may also receive email from us with questions and information about your subscription to our Newsletter.
- If you register on the website: to be able to give you access to the iCare Platform.
We will use personal information only for the purpose it was originally collected for, and we will delete personal information if you withdraw your consent.
Are we sharing your data?
The information collected from the iCare website and Platform may, when necessary, be shared with the iCare Consortium and potentially also with the European Commission when reporting iCare Project results. We will only share your personal data when strictly necessary. Where possible, data will be anonymized and/or aggregated.
We do not intend to send your personal data to any third parties. In case any transfer of personal data outside the EEA would occur, we assure you that we will only do so in accordance with either Art. 45 GDPR (on the basis of an adequacy decision) or Art 46 GDPR (appropriate safeguards in place).
What about cookies?
Like any other website, this website uses ‘cookies’. Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer when you visit our website (https://project-icare.eu/). These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information. No third-party cookies are used on the iCare website and Platform.
What are your rights as a data subject?
As a user on the iCare website and Platform, you are entitled to the following set of rights:
- To ask us whether we process your personal data, and if so, to obtain access to all your personal data processed by us;
- To correct/update your personal data;
- To request deletion – this right could be exercised in cases where the personal data is no longer necessary, the personal data processing in unlawful, or you withdraw your consent;
- To request restriction of the processing of your personal data, where applicable. This could for example be a temporary measure in the case where you contest the accuracy of the personal data of you object to the processing, pending our review of your request;
- To receive the personal data, which you have provided on the website, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the iCare Consortium (data portability);
- To withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data or for the use of the website cookies. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
How long do we keep your data?
We process and store personal data as long as it necessary for the fulfilment of our contractual obligations under the Grant Agreement of the project, which is 5 years after the project end. When this data is no longer necessary for the above purposes, it will be regularly deleted.
How we keep your data?
The personal data is stored on the iCare Platform as long as you are registered. After your account is deleted, all personal data is immediately anonymised.
How can you exercise your rights as a data subject?
In order to exercise any of the rights listed above, you have to send a message to the following e-mail address of the project Coordinator, Law and Internet Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Besides that, you have the right to submit a complaint to your national data protection authority, if you deem that your data is processed in an unlawful way.